Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP - Wednesday In Progress

This has been an interested week so far and promises to continue through the rest of the week.  Monday, my husband started a new job with Coca Cola after being with Peru Coca Cola for almost 23 yrs.  He started working as a warehouseman in the afternoons.   The first day they worked over 12 hours.  He is no stranger to long hours as he was a route driver for 23 years.  This has changed our lifestyle at home.  We have the mornings together and then he is off to work and I head downstairs to quilt.

Today we started out a little slow.  I got ready for a job interview and hubby slept in.  I haven't gone through a job interview for years but I certainly worked with many people in coaching them how to interview.  Before the interview, I had lunch with a couple of friends from church then headed to the Peru Mall for the interview. 

Upon arrival at the interview I was asked to pick out a product to take into the interview.  I chose a candle like I have at home.  This was a group interview of four candidates.  It was informal and flowed smoothly.  We were asked to share our product like we would with a customer.  I feel comfortable with how things went and hope I get the job for the holidays.  I miss daily contact with the public and think I will enjoy learning more about the products.  I am up to the challenge.

After the interview, I wasn't home long and my customer, Carol, stopped by to pick up her queen size quilt that I finished last night.  Visit me on Friday for the Friday Finishes.  I loaded my next quilt before leaving for the interview.  Here is a sneak peak of what I am working on and the final picture will be shown in the Friday Finishes.  Isn't it cute!?!
Hope your Wednesday was an adventure.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment