Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Tip-Retreat Preparation

Do you like going to quilting retreats?  I do!  The problem was I never felt like I got much done.   So now I try to be more organized before going to the retreat. 

I try to pre-cut the blocks I am going to work on and package each block in a zip lock baggie.  Above I have two blocks cut out, the picture in the baggie and the instruction sheets.

I also have a leader/ender project with me to use.  Leaders and enders are piecing projects that you feed in before or after the main block you are working on instead of using a spider piece of fabric.  This Bonnie Hunter's method and further explanation can be found on her website at www.quiltville.com.


Here are my projects in this stackable container ready to go.  Try not to over pack.  I used to take everything but the kitchen sink.  Now I try to limit myself to a more reasonable amount.

Yours in quilting,
Terry



No comments:

Post a Comment