Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday Tip - Recipes

I like to cook ahead so that I have more time to quilt.  With my husband working afternoons, we have had to change our eating schedule.  We like to have our big meal at noon before he leaves for work.  Also, leftovers are a good thing so he can take them in his dinner.

In talking, Rod and I discussed having Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.  I can make a 9 x 13 pan of casserole and it heats up easily in the microwave for a quick meal.  This is my friend, Sue-Sue's recipe.  She made it each year for a our quilting retreat at the church.  I have posted the recipe under my recipe section.  Monday I made two 9 x 13 casseroles.  I baked one and froze one for the future.

Rod had mentioned a pot of soup.  I made a double batch of cheesy broccoli soup.  I had run to the grocery store yesterday so I had bought a head of broccoli, steamed it and then added the broccoli to the pot of creamy broth. This recipe is also in my recipe tab.  It is a small recipe for two.
Today lunch is ready along with chicken spaghetti casserole for dinner.

Today I am headed off to a new job.  I have been hired at Bath & Body Works for the Christmas season.  I think this will be fun.  I will learn a lot about perfumes and scents.  We have been burning some of their seasonal candles around the house lately.  The living room has a cinnamon pumpkin candle.  Its a warm, welcoming scent.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment