Sunday, October 13, 2013

Thank You, Students

Saturday I taught two beginning machine quilting classes at Pieceful Gathering in Fox River Grove, IL.  They are 117 miles away, so my day started early and I was on the road by 7am.

I had two classes, morning and afternoon.  They were both enjoyable and fun.  I learn from my students.  I learned that I won't be a sewing machine repair person.  We had several machine issues that I just could not help with.  The ladies were going to stop by their preferred sewing machine store and get a lesson on how to use either their walking foot or darning foot. 

The day flew by as we were so busy with sandwiching, pinning, and stitching with a walking foot or free motion quilting with the darning foot.  Each person filled out a questionnaire.  The feedback for me was helpful and rewarding.  The discussion was good and the class size allowed me to work with each student and give them personal attention.

Thank you to Pieceful Gathering for inviting me back and thank you to the students for a great day of learning.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment