Monday, October 28, 2013

Design Wall

The end of last week was busy but I seem to have lost my longarming mojo.  I just couldn't make myself get going or find inspiration on what pattern to use.  Someone once told me, " if you can't move your mind, move your body."  So I grabbed WIP (work in progress) baggie and started making star blocks that were pre-cut.  It was fairly mindless as I chained pieced and then pressed units. The unit below is 1 3/4" square.

Then chained pieced the blocks together.  The blocks are 4 1/4" unfinished.
When I started this I only had previously completed four blocks.  I now have twelve completed blocks, one partially completed block and 20 blocks more blocks cut out.  50 stars blocks are required for completing the quilt.  These blocks are the corner stone blocks for Kaye England's  Amber Waves of Grain quilt.  It will have 50 blocks with each state's name and year they joined our country.  Part of my delay on finishing this quilt earlier was deciding how to add the state's name, i.e. machine embroidery, gel pen by handwriting, or hand embroidery.  I have talked with my friend who does machine embroidery and have decided to have her embroider the states and year. 

I have linked with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.

Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment