Saturday, October 26, 2013

Bonnie Challenge with Jo's Country Junction

Calling all Bonnie Hunter fan's!!!  Jo over at Jo's Country Junction and her friend, Nell, are challenging us to choose a Bonnie quilt that is a WIP (work in progress) or PIG (project in grocery sack), and try to get it finished before starting the new mystery quilt Bonnie will be starting the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Bonnie has released the fabric color choices for Celtic Solstice.
You now have about 5 weeks to choose fabrics and/or shop for your fabrics.  There are two sizes for this quilt 75 x 75 or 111 x 111.  For me there is no choice on size, I am a "go big or go home" type quilter.  I want bed size quilts.  My bucket list says I want to have one king size quilt for each of the 12 months before I die :).

So my list of started Bonnie Hunter quilts goes as follows:

1.  Spider String Quilt
2.  Roll Roll Cotton Bowl
3.  Texas Braid
4.  Smith Mountain Morning ( one row pictured below.)
 
My list of finished Bonnie Hunter quilts.

1.  Easy Street
 
I have decided that I will continue working on my Smith Mountain Morning quilt while waiting for mystery, Celtic Solstice to start.  I love the fabric selections made by a reader, Margaret, and shared with us by Bonnie.
My concern is I don't really have these colors left in my stash, at least in large amounts.  I would have to purchase substantial amounts.  I have used many of these colors in my Smith Mountain Morning quilt and that doesn't leave much for Celtic Solstice.  Mmmmm..... to shop or not, that is the question!?!  This question does help me visualize the quilt better.  I like this combo of colors.
 
Leave me a comment and let me know if you are joining Jo and Nell's challenge and/or planning on doing Bonnie's Mystery.
 
Have a stash happy Saturday!
Yours in quilting, 
Terry
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment