Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tuesday Tip and Snow Storm

Can you believe on October 22nd, we had a snow storm?  It started raining here about 10am and by 11am it was starting to look like flakes.  By 11:30 it looked like it was raining polka dots the snow flakes were so huge. 

                                                      The dogs went out to investigate.

When I brought Indy upstairs to go out, he sure was surprised and then asked "Mom, you want to come out and play in the snow?"

After Rod headed off to work, I decided it was time to venture out and see Mother Nature's work.  One of the most picturesque sites is our Red Covered Bridge.  What do you think of it dressed in white?
Most winter shots wouldn't have leaves in the pictures.  Isn't the bridge beautiful with a dusting of white?  I headed back into town and picked up some groceries at Wal Mart.  I just wanted to get home and turn the oven on and bake.  But, I took the long way home and drove to Captain's Swift Bridge for a quick picture.  The snow didn't quite make this bridge pretty today. 
 
I headed home and carried in the groceries.  Let the dogs out to play in the snow before it got dark.
I turned on the oven while putting the groceries away and then started in on my baking spree.
First, I had been promising Rod that I would make a meat loaf for his lunches.  Mmmm.... love meatloaf sandwiches with Miracle Whip. 
Next, I googled a recipe for asparagus quiche.  I had purchased two pie crusts.  I cut up a fresh bunch of asparagus and cooked it.  I had to make-do for a few things by substituting, i.e. evaporated milk for heavy cream and mozzarella cheese for Swiss cheese.  They sure look appetizing.
And the finished results....
I am pleased, the quiches look and taste good.
Next I mixed up a batch of Oatmeal Scotchies cookies.  I will bake those another day when I want to warm up the kitchen.
 
My tip for this week is to use Nexcare tape on the back of your rulers to help prevent slipping.  This is not my idea, I have to give credit to Bonnie Hunter and students in the class I took on October 2nd.
You can find this in the first aid or band aid section of your pharmacy.
I just put two pieces on my Easy Angle ruler and it does help steady your ruler while rotary cutting.  It does not stick to your fabric.   I had a dispenser of it in our medicine cabinet.  I plan to put it on the back of a few more rulers.

Thanks for joining me on this winter wonderland day.  Time to put on my comfy clothes and turn on Quilt Cam with Bonnie Hunter this evening.

Yours in quilting,
Terry


 

No comments:

Post a Comment