Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Working on Wednesday

Things around here are a buzz!  I have set a goal of getting 6 quilts quilted this week by Thursday.
I was able to finish the first one Sunday night.  Another one was finished Monday night.  Yesterday I loaded two quilts, with one two rows from being finished and the other is ready to start.  You ask how can she do this?  I have two computerized Handi Quilter machines.  They are about 8 ft  apart in the room so I waltz back and forth watching both machines.  I want to have all the memory quilts done that I have been working on along with a few other customer quilts.  I am hoping to have pictures of the six finishes for my Friday Finishes post.

Yesterday felt a little Christmas.  On one break, I checked outside the front door and there was a big box. 
Libby S. sent me a box of quilts to quilt for the Washington Tornado Recovery.  There were three beautiful quilts, batting, backing and bindings.
 
Libby, each one is stunning.  Thank you, thank you!  I will post pictures as I get them quilted.

Yesterday I also prepared three Spagetti Pizza Casseroles.  We had a small one for dinner last night.  The other two got froze for a sewing day in the near future.  The pan in the upper lefthand corner is Butter Chewies, my husband's favorite bar cookie. 
 
I also  mixed up a batch of Aunt Peggy's Spoon Rolls.  Its a recipe by Trisha Yearwood that I got out of a magazine.  You mix up the batter and put it in a large container and let it rise overnight in the refrigerator.  I hope it works out ok as I didn't have any self-rising flour.  You can make your own according to the internet by adding baking powder and salt, but if making bread you leave out the salt.  Will plan to bake these today and freeze to go with the Spagetti Pizza Casseroles.

Today I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and Sew Much Ado's We Did It Wednesday.

Yours in quilting,
Terry Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love getting mail, especially when it's filled with such lovely quilt tops! Best of luck with your goals! Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete