Monday, January 27, 2014

Design Wall

WooHoo, the husband is a away, we can sew all day!!  Really, I am not that excited to have my husband gone.  He works long hours with an hour commute, so I really treasure the weekends when we can be together.  Yesterday with the awful weather, I was just happy he was safe in a hotel and I didn't have to worry about his commute this morning.
This was my drive home from church yesterday.  Not fun!  We packed Rod's bags and a cooler for his lunches, and got him out to the Quad Cities before the blizzard conditions hit later in the day.  He felt he had wasted his time out there until the really bad stuff hit last night and then he was happy he was snuggled in and watching TV.

My son's employer closed last night and started late this morning.  Thank you to this reasonable employer for not making people risk their lives to come to work. 

Aaron was up and at it early this morning shoveling for us.  He had the back drive shoveled out when I came down to let the dogs out.  He moved out front and shoveled and started the truck for me.  We headed over the horse barn and fed Hoot.  I cleaned the stall and Aaron shoveled out the barn door.
I don't know why my camera does this, it makes magic snow fall in the picture.  Pretty cool!

Mother Nature had blow all this snow inside.  The drift outside the door was at least knee deep.
 
Rascal, Yorkie, lays in front of the heat vent.  Smart dog!
 
I got all the filler blocks made (all the HST blocks) and the rows sewn.  I just have to sew all four rows to each other and add the final border.  This is the Country Threads 2013 scrap quilt (a UFO).
 
I am so excited that all 30 signature blocks (since last week) are made for the 11 year old wedding quilt.  This baby is going to be bigger than I remembered.  The blocks finish 9" and will be set on point.  I hope to cut out the filler blocks and setting triangles today.  It maybe too cold to be down in the studio today.  I have the heater running so we will see how the temp improves.  Its only 59 degrees right now.  Today maybe a cutting, pressing, and pinning day, things that can be done upstairs.
This is what I have on the kitchen table already this morning.  Hot tea, the computer for blogging, and tracing snowmen noses on Steam A Steam for the first block of Quilt Doodle Designs 2014 BOM.  My blocks are made just need noses appliqued on.  Got to be ready for the next block on Saturday.
 
I have my blocks cut out for Country Threads 2014 BOM.  I planning to do it totally scrappy just like last year.  There is one problem, with last years BOM, I was really trying to use up my Thimbleberries scraps but the drawer doesn't seem less full.  Bah Humbug....
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times, visit over there to see everyone's Design Walls.

Stay warm and safe.  Hope to accomplish plenty of quilty work today. :)

Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. I think the snow is a Google thing. At Christmas I had twinkling lights on a tree. I must have changed a setting 'cause I don't get it anymore. I have similar issues going down to the studio where heat is minimal and we have a wall of drafty windows. So I've been tearing papers off blocks in the warm kitchen. At some point I gotta go down and sew!

    ReplyDelete