Monday, January 13, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This is going to be a productive week.  My goal is to get 5 quilts quilted by Thursday night.  It all started last night, when I got this quilt loaded on the longarm.
It really turned out cute.  I will save the big picture for Friday Finishes blog.  This quilt will be going home this Friday.  Can't wait to deliver it to the customer.  Its 30's reproduction fabrics so I used Omni thread in light sage.  Love that color as it seems to change to blend with different colors on the quilt top.  I was up till 11pm finishing it but love when all goes well.
 
Here are my color choices for the 10" square for the 2014 BOM with Country Threads.  I know, I know I am starting another quilt.  This one is strictly scrappy.  These fabrics will be all used up and not put back in my stash unless they are cut into strips, squares and strings.
Below are my color choices for the 20" block.  See the fabric with words in the lower right corner?  Well I will have to improvise.  I do not have any large pieces to cut the required 8 1/2" squares, so I will be making 4 patches for that area.  Improvise and make do!  Do you think the Quilt Police will come knocking at my door?
 
These blocks are still hanging around the design wall.  Garden Club group was cancelled due to our extremely cold and snowy weather.  Rescheduled for Jan. 21 and 22nd. 

Speaking of weather, it has been much better this weekend.  We hit 37 degrees!  Heat wave compared to -23.  Unfortunately, that causes a few issues in the backyard.  The dogs have muddy feet and the doggie poop is showing up.  My husband and I worked Saturday cleaning up the backyard.  Last night I got a chuckle out of our Yorkie, Rascal, sticking his head in the coffee can that we use to measure food for the big dogs.  Rascal (the name fits the dog) thought he was missing out on something.  No worries, there are holes in the can so no danger of not being able to breath.
 
Today I got up early with my husband and loaded another memory quilt.  I have four more left.  These are all for the daughters of the dad who passed away.
 
My Handi Quilter Group is traveling from the Peoria area up to my area.  We are meeting at Cousin's Quilting in La Moille (www.cousinsquilting.com).  Lou and Doug Tuntland are the owners and they sell an assortment of threads, batting, Nolting longarm machines, used machines, lessons on longarming and a small retreat center with machine rental.  They are only 9 miles from me and its wonderful to run over there and match a quilt top with a thread and take it home. No waiting for the USPS, UPS or FedEx to deliver.  Plus, you know the thread matches, no guessing off thread cards or internet pictures.  They are vendors at many quilt shows.
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork TimesSew Can Do and Anything Goes Monday.  Have a motivational Monday and a great week.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: