Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stash Report

Spent some time with a great group of ladies sewing.  I did pretty well controlling buying fabric and pretty much adhered my New Year's Resolution, which was to buy fabric only to finish quilts.  I dug out an old UFO which is a wedding quilt for my dad and stepmother.  Its only 11 years old and my dad has been reminding me that it needs to get finished.  So I bought fabric for the backing (7 yds)
and two fat quarters to finish the top.  I was able to cut out all the pieced blocks and have them all paired.  Now I am using them as leaders and enders, Bonnie Hunter style (www.quiltville.com) or chain piecing them.
 

Here's a finished block.

New fabric bought this week:  8.5 yds.
New fabrics bought:  23.5 yds year-to-date
New fabrics used to finish UFO's:  .5
Fabrics used out of stash:  4 yds, year-to-date

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment