Thursday, January 30, 2014

Working on Wednesday - Cinnamon Rolls

I am tired of these sub zero temperatures.  Don't you feel like everything is an extra effort, i.e. starting cars, bundling up to go out, taking care of the animals, and cold sewing studio.  We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground.


So when its cold, I like to cook more.  One of the things on my bucket list is to learn how to make bread and pie crusts. Tuesday when it was so bitterly cold, -23, I turned on the heater in my sewing studio in the basement to try and warm things up a little.  Started laundry as the dryer helps warm things up also.
Then I started mixing up cinnamon roll dough using the Pioneer Woman's recipe, Ree Drummon.
She gives step by step instructions along with pictures which were good help.

Here's the first of four pans going in the oven.  It makes a large batch.

Mmmm.....frosted while warm.

Taste tested by the husband being goofy.  My husband was just so glad to get home after spending the night in a hotel so he could get to work.  He said the house smelt so good when he walked in.
 
Harry Potter (black and white) and Rascal, Yorkie, sleeping in the sun together.

May have cooked cinnamon rolls but ate a healthy salad for lunch.
 
Didn't even sew this day because of the cool temps. 
 
I am linking up with Sew Much Ado.  What have you been up to this Wednesday?
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment