Thursday, September 12, 2013

Vintage Thursday

I am trying to link with the Colorado Lady's blog today.  She has a Vintage Thingie Thursday and below is my first vintage post.  Please stop by and visit Suzanne and view the other bloggers who have linked up with their vintage items.

In decorating for fall, I wanted a night light at the top of the stairs.  I don't like getting up to go to the restroom and not be able to see.  Trying to be creative along with decorating for fall, I bought the lighted branches that you can display alone or along with a floral arrangement.  In the tubs of decorations I found these floral stems and dug a little further for a container.  I found this old milk tin that was about the right height. 
I was pleased with the results and its just enough light when you get up in the middle of the night.  It gives a sense of satisfaction when you can re-use something on-hand and the price was right.
 
Headed out to see Jodi Barrows today.  She is giving a trunk show at Quilter's Garden.  Enjoy your day!
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a neat idea and so pretty. I am with you. I like to be able to see where I am going at night even if I have been doing it for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The twig or branch lights are available in(LED which are battery operated with a timer or electric). I chose electric so I don't have to worry about replacing batteries. Mine are 24 hrs a day. Thanks, LV for your comment.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I too leave a small light, so in the dark there is a bit of light to find our way. The twig lights are awesome and your arrangement is perfect.

    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete