Saturday, September 7, 2013

Hornbaker Gardens & Going Away Party

Ran out to Hornbaker Gardens at 9:45am, hoping to beat the crowd.  We got a cloud burst of rain just before leaving town.  Kathy and I had stopped into Wal Mart for a few things so we just sat there and let it rain.  We were afraid we would melt. Haha! Its been so long since it has rained here, that we sat there and stared in amazement. 

We didn't see anyone on the way out to Hornbaker's but that must have been because they were all behind us.  The flow of traffic was constant from the time we arrived.  We visited the Artisan Vendors and enjoy the wide variety craftsmen:  authors, painters, photographers, wood working, metalwork, baking, jewelry, and organic foods.

I had been following the progress of the Flour House on Facebook.  Today Terri and Sally debuted their cookies, breads and scones.  On the left side of the picture is a Butterscotch Cashew bar and the right side is an Cherry Cream Scone.  Both delicious as you can see there is a bite missing.  I had to taste test them for you.  Yummy.....can't wait for them to open on North Main Street so I can be a regular customer.

Headed out to a going away party for my cousin, Rex Johnsen, and his wife, Brenda.  Our son, Aaron is the DJ.  I made my Confetti Cole Slaw for my dish to pass. ( I will post the recipe later. )

Stay cool and have a wonderful weekend.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment