Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Reveal of Old Glory


This Old Glory quilt went home Monday.  It is quilted with Star Spangled b2b by Anne Bright.
I used Glide Gold thread on the top and navy Quilter's Choice in the bobbin.  I had a little trouble with poppies on the back.  I worked and worked on the tension. 

Tuesday Tip:  I learned yesterday in longarming class that if you use a rough thread such as I used in the bobbin and Glide, a slick thread, on top this can cause the tension problem.  I fixed it the best I could and had tiny poppies on the back.  They will disappear once the quilt is washed.  The quilt is stunning in person but was hard to show its real beauty in a picture.

Thank you Stephanie for bringing quilts that challenge me.  I learn something from every quilt.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment