Friday, September 6, 2013

Vintage Thursday-Sewing Machine Cleaning

Each year our guild, the Covered Bridge Quilt Guild, sponsors a sewing machine cleaning day.  I help out in the early morning when people start dropping off the machines before going to work.
Above is a picture of most of the machines.  I didn't get a picture of the express lane, where people who waiting from out-of-town, put their machines.  We had reservations for 90 machines to be serviced.  The staff from the Galesburg Sewing Center brought four technicians work on the wide variety of machines from vintage to today's models. 

I took two featherweights, one Haines, and my Janome 6600.

This is the vintage Haines machine that I bought for $2.50 at an auction.  The technicians did recommend I fix it.  It needs a new motor and controller.  The cost will be at least $50.  So will postpone any repair for now.  I will be linking up with the Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment