Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Finish

Welcome to my Friday Finishes.  This has busy week to say the least.  This week I have been split by either taking one parent to Methodist Hospital in Peoria and cooking her meals ahead so she can be independent at home.  Or, sitting with my father at Iowa Methodist Hospital in DesMoines, IA.
Spent a lot of time sitting, cooking or driving.  I live a hour from Peoria and 4.5 hours from DesMoines.   You might say I am meeting myself coming and going. :)

As for quilting finishes, I dug for charity quilts that are finished but not delivered. Both the quilts are for the Gems of the Prairie Quilt Guild in Peoria, IL.  The quilts will be delivered to St. Francis Hospital Children's Hospital or the domestic abuse shelter.
I love this blue and brown brick pattern.  I quilted it with chocolate brown stars.
 
This is a simple block pattern with burgundy, hunter green and floral print.  I quilted it with burgundy thread with feathers and leaves.  It still needs a binding.
 
As a longarm quilter, I try to quilt up as many charity quilts as possible.  I have quilted 13 quilts for the Covered Bridge Quilt Guild and 2 for Gems of the Prairie.  I have several more waiting for both guilds.  I love the satisfaction of knowing someone is getting warmth or security from our quilts.
 
I have linked up with Crazy Mom Quilts, Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday, Michelle's Romantic Tangle and Freedom Fridays.  Please check out their wonderful blogs.
 
Have a great weekend everyone.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment