Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tip from the Design Wall

These are the blocks that have been on my design wall and I worked on Sunday night after sitting at the hospital all day.  Needed some sewing therapy.
These are my completed September blocks for the Country Threads BOM.  I am very happy with how they turned out.  My tip is: I use Best Press Spray on my fabrics before cutting.  Spraying with Best Press and pressing my fabric before cutting out squares, almost eliminates stretching fabric.  I do use steam when I press.

 I DO NOT iron back and forth, only up lifting the iron up and down to press.  You may use additional Best Press when putting rows together, but I found I didn't need additional spray. 

I try to complete my blocks each month when the directions are posted the first of each month.   This month was a little delayed with so much going on. 

If you are working on this Block of Month, I would love to hear from you.  Have linked up with Patchwork Times.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment