Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday Tip

I had to work on this blog, nothing came to mind last night or this morning.  I needed to finish a quilt that is a Christmas present for the husband of one of my customer's.  I talked with the customer yesterday to make sure I understood what she wanted on the quilt as far as thread color.  I also had to make the backing for her.  So I measured, cut and sewed the backing together only to notice that it was a directional print and I had the panels going in opposite directions. Ugh!  So I unstitched it while watching Dancing with the Stars.

I got the backing loaded, batting measured/cut/loaded and loaded the top.  Now we are cooking.

Here it is with one row done and ready to start the second row of quilting.  I am using Omni thread and Handi Quilter's star edge to edge pattern. The customer could wait for me to finish it as late as December 14th.

Tip 1:  Don't procrastinate and wait to do a quilt for a customer at the last minute.  Things usually go wrong when you try to hurry or you make mistakes.

Tip 2:  Protect your customer's quilt when you are not with it.  Such as covering it with plastic.
I wrap the quilts with a plastic sheet while left on my machine at night or when I am not working on it. 
 
Today I am linking up with Connie over at Freemotion by the River and A Quilt Story.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. You're a very thoughtful quilter -- well, I knew that already -- to think of protecting your customer's quilt. Not only from dust and creepy crawlies, but pipes can break or sewer lines leak. It happened to me in a storage area of the basement where I had a couple of antique quilts stored. Fortunately they were not in the direct path of the leak.

    ReplyDelete