Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Finishes

This week was fun.  This morning I walked out of the bathroom to find Rascal, our Yorkie, curled up in the clean sheets.  I guess he likes Downy fresh scented sheets for his bed also.

I finished two quilts on the longarm.  The first is a charity quilt for the Covered Bridge Quilt Guild.  The guild's current project is to finish quilts for the Pads Shelter for the homeless.  The shelter is in need of quilts for the beds.
 
The second quilt is a baby quilt for a customer.  It is such a soothing quilt to look at.  I love the beautiful soft grays, creams and pink.
A closer view of the center.
I used Goose thread by Omni and the quilting design is Drop of Paisley by Anne Bright.com.

Today my plans changed.  My husband is home on vacation and we were suppose to take off to spend the day together.  Instead, the hubbie and son headed off to look at trailers for the son's DJ business.
Change in plan for me then was to head over to the guild's open sew day.  Called my friend, Cathy K., and she drove up for a visit.  We had lots of giggles and grins while we stitched.
I gave my friend, Barb, the camera and asked her to take a picture of my chain piecing.  That view is quite the angle.
Look at this bag full of goodies.  Linda and her friend brought these wonderful roll up bags.  Each zipper pouch is held on by velco.  The girls said they ordered them off the Home Shopping Network.  The bags are sold as make-up bags but work really great for sewing supplies.
 
This is Cathy K. working on her Smith Mountain Morning quilt in yummy yellows and blacks.
Barb and Sandy were chatting up a storm and doing hand work on bindings.  We worked until about 4:30pm and then set up for our guild meeting.  About 4:50 we loaded up our cars to head out for dinner.  Look at the beautiful sunset views. The first one is front the church parking lot.
 
The second view was from the end of my street.
 
Have a great weekend.  It sounds like it will warm up a little the next couple of days.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment