Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Travel to Indiana
Have you ever had one of those days that just didn't turn out like you thought it would.  Today was one of those days.  Got up and checked my cell phone for texts and emails, to find out that I needed to be on the road by 8am to head to Michigan City, IN.   Packed a bag, showered, hugged the dogs and son, then hit the road. Got to Kedzie Ave., the last exit in Illinois, and got off there for a potty stop.  The signage didn't warn you that you couldn't get back on I-80 there.  Spent 45 minutes lost, garmin didn't, and stopped to ask directions, but the faith ole' map worked the best.  Finally, ended up in Michigan City at 11:30am.  Very Late!

I was welcomed with warm smiles and the Handi Quilter educator saying, " I know you".  It just continued to get better.  I listened in on the tailend of the Pro Stitcher class and then met everyone.
Peg, the owner of Threadbenders, order us lunch from the restaurant next door.  Mary Beth, the educator and I then buckled down to learning Art & Stitch. 

The store closed at 4pm and Peg invited me to go home with her.  Look what I arrived to see from my guest room window...
Yes, a cool breeze in my face and Lake Michigan stretching out before me.  Peg invited me to walk the beach with her so first we walked "Moose", the cute little dog of the house.  Then we tucked him back inside and headed down the beach for a good workout in the sand.  Got a 2 mile hike in before heading to dinner. Can't beat that view, such a change of pace from farmland.

Had a scrumptious cheeseburger in Michigan at Redemak's and back to Peg's for relaxation.

Good Night, tomorrow's another day, another adventure.  Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment