Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blueberry Hill

After posting this morning, Mary Wallis and I headed to Plow Creek Farms in Tiskilwa, IL.  We picked blueberries for about three hours.  If I remember right Mary picked 4.8 lbs and I picked 6.5 lbs.  The good thing is you can take as many home in your tummy as you want. Yum! The berries aren't quite as big as they have been in the past.  I'm sure the shortfall of rain has something to do with it.

Mary and I talked about what to do with the berries.  I contemplated making Rod a pie for our anniversary.  Made a trip to the grocery store and ended up buying the ingredients for blueberry bars.
When I take these bars to a church supper or trail ride, I don't come home with any. 

So here's the picture of the finished product.
Now back to working on my customer's quilt and time to get dinner in the oven.  Terry

So here's the picture of the finished product.

2 comments:

  1. I think you could mail these to Wi without much trouble. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this time, saving them for the fruit salad at the party. Also, made blueberry syrup for waffles this morning. Yummy.

      Delete