Friday, February 22, 2013

Family First

I have been absent lately.  My dad had surgery on Thursday, Feb. 14th. 

I finished my last customer quilt for the Covered Bridge Quilt Show at 4:30pm Wed., Feb. 13th.  (Woo Hoo! Doing the happy dance.)  Went with my hubbie to bowl out for our bowling league and had a quick dinner with our bowling partners.

Threw luggage and retreat supplies in the SUV and headed for Winterset, IA, where my dad lives.
Drove staight thru while listening to Debbie Macomber audio books, just over four hours.  Got about three hours sleep and we were up and off to the Methodist Medical Center in DesMoines.  Surgery at 7am and then waited the rest of the day for an ICU room.  Dad is still in the hospital and asking for prayers for his recovery.  He has lots of fishing and gardening plans for the summer so need to get him back on his feet as quickly as possible.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment