Friday, February 1, 2013

Easy Street Special Block

This has been a busy week.  I finish my 60 contract tomorrow, working back at the job I retired from on May 31st.  So this week I have been trying to get the counselors caught up.  Then during the evening I fixed dinner with my hubbie and then head to the basement studio for quilt time.  Finished the queen size quilt on Monday night.  Loaded a cute 1600 strip quilt with cute fishies and got it half quilted last night.  Quilting it with fishies and waves. 

Tonight (Thurs.) is usually our "quiet" dinner night.  Its our chance to sit and chat about whats going on just like our dates many moons ago.  We started to watch an old movie with Bruce Willis and Sarah Jessica Parker but hubbie's bed was calling.  These extreme cold days really wear the guy out.  So he headed upstairs and I headed to the studio.  Bonnie Hunter was on quilt cam so I listened to her and worked on the block shown below.  Bonnie talked just a little about the quilt retreat they are planning in Augst.  She did not reveal the dates yet.  She states she will reveal the plans when she gets back from Georgia.


Look closely to the block in the lower right-hand corner.  This was a special gift from my prayer partner to make my quilt special.  THANK YOU!

Tomorrow is the new block release for County Threads.  What to you think the next block will be?  Flying geese, churn dash, 9 patch?  Leave me a comment with your guess.

Stay warm and be safe in this chilly weather.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment