Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday


Did you ever get up in the morning and things are going well and then there is a kink? I saw my husband off to work, showered, put away the clean laundry and was making the bed when, “uh oh”, I found wet spot on the bed. Of course, no claimed it! Honestly, I don't know who created it because we just normally don't have these issues with our pets. So I started peeling back the layers to see how deep the moisture went, two layers, both quilts. Ugh!

I had a plans for a friend to come over and work on learning skills on the longarm today. So I texted her about my issue and said I'm running out the door to the laundry mat. I will meet you at 9:30am.

So I have two king size quilts in the commercial size washer as I write this blog post. On the positive side, these quilts needed a Spring washing. On the downside, I am not sure what pet did this and hope its not a regular thing.

Yesterday I finished two projects: a t-shirt quilt and put a sleeve on a quilt for the United Way office.

I will save the reveal pictures for Friday Finishes. When I finish a customer project then I reward myself with a little time on one of my projects. So I grabbed a UFO baggie and pulled out a small vegetable quilt. I was happy to find that I had cut most of the pieces already and I could just start sewing. Piecing is my therapy or stress relief.

The only thing I don't like about this small quilt is the outer two borders. So I am working on a possible creative change to the borders. There is plenty of fabric left as the kit was very generous. The kit was unique as it included enough fabric for backing and binding. This is a rather summer-like quilt and I would like to finish it up and hang it in the kitchen. I have another UFO that is a fruit and vegetable quilt, wall hanging size, that I would like to finish to hang in the dining room.
 
I also pulled out my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks book and completed block 1.  A great way to use up small scraps.

Its exciting to think about finishing the UFO's. Let's see if I can follow through! Linking up today with Lee at Freshly Pieced

Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I've got ~20 of Tula's blocks finished... always nice to have something to go back to like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I have a lot of small scraps so this was a good place to use them. The blocks go together easily when you have a short time to sew.

    ReplyDelete