Monday, April 14, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I am so excited to be back writing.  Missed you guys so much.  Good news that my taxes are done and in the mail.  WooHoo!!!  I hate doing taxes and this year I expected to have to pay in but got a surprise that we get a small refund.  I have been doing the happy dance ever since I got the call from the tax preparer. 

Yesterday was Palm Sunday.  I hope everyone got to celebrate their way.  I spent the day napping and Harry Potter napped with me.   I didn't get hardly any sleep Saturday night and so with the dreary weather, I spent the day watching TV through my eyelids.  That is so rare for me as I am not a nap taker.  I woke up this morning feeling refreshed.



Here are the two blocks that have been on my Design Wall.  These are the April blocks for Quilter's Garden's BOM.  The quilt is a barn quilt alternating barn blocks with pieced blocks.
This was March's block.  Quilter's Garden offers an incentive to finish your blocks each month.  They hold a drawing during their monthly Garden Club meeting for a $10 gift certificate.  I won the gift certificate in March and used it to purchase Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  I bought this book to use up my small scraps. 

Here is block #2 laid out but not sewn.
Have a great Monday!  I am ready to load a quilt on the longarm for a customer.  Enjoy your Holy Week.

Today I am linking up with.....Judy at Patchwork Times.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Hi - Terri Johnson here. Just wanted to say I love your blocks, especially the barn! Nice work.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete