Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday Tax Day

I dread getting ready to get our taxes done.  The day has arrived and I am buried in paperwork.
My appointment is tomorrow.  So nose to the grindstone getting everything organized.   The weather outside matches the mood in the house.  Its a rainy, thunderstorm type of day and dark, dreary day inside.

I escaped yesterday for a few hours.  I headed to Peoria and got in a little shopping.  My husband had suggested that I needed a few new Spring clothes.  I visited Gordman's and got three new tops.  The lady in front of me at the check-out gave me a 20% off coupon.  Next headed across the street to Charming Charlies for new earrings.  My third stop was at Kohl's for a new Spring purse and I had a 20% off coupon in hand for that.  When I got in the check-out at Kohl's, I was bowled over by my total.  Unknowing that the purse was on sale plus the 20% coupon,  I got a new purse for 60%.  WooHoo!!!!!

I was meeting one of my quilting customers to pick up 3 quilts and she suggested we head over to Chili's Restaurant for an early dinner.  What fun we had catching up.  Lots of giggles and story swapping.  We had a little time left and headed over to JoAnn's.  I didn't spend any money there.

Last night I attended the Gems of the Prairie Guild meeting.  So much talent in this group.  Enjoyed a wonderful, hilarious program by Kim Hogan, The Accidental Quilter, of Glenwood, IL.  I really enjoyed her sense of humor and tales of her shop hop bus trips.  All her show n' tell was eye candy. 

Have a great Thursday!

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment