Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Work in Progress Wednesday & Asking Advice on Speakers

This week I have been working on a "Challenge" quilt for one of our guild members.  May is challenge month.  The goal for 2014 is to use your "stash" stock as much as possible and explore the possibility of doing a modern twist on a traditional pattern.  It must have one log cabin block in the quilt.  I am really proud of the lady who made the quilt I am quilting.  The back of the quilt is as neat as the front.  That makes it so much easier on the longarm quilter to have a flat quilt top to work on. 
Since I can't show pictures of my work until after May 1, 2014, I will move onto my next subject.

I am asking my readers and fellow bloggers for advice on speakers.  I am the program chairman for our guild and I am looking for speakers and teachers for workshops for the rest of 2014 and all of 2015. We are located in north central Illinois about 120 miles west of downtown Chicago and right on Interstate 80.  You can leave me comments or contact me at quiltcrazie@msn.com.

I have started working on Tula Pink's 100 Modern Quilt Blocks.  Here is #2.

I had a winter project.  I had pink geranium that was in full bloom last fall and I couldn't just let it die with the frost.  So I moved it inside to see if it could survive the winter with us.
The picture through the front window was difficult to take with the reflection.

Its difficult to get it all in its so big.  There are 13 blooms on the plant right now.  Its our taste of Spring. 
 
On April 14th we had snow showers.  The snow had melted by about 3pm on April 15th  The grass is greening up.  I just saw the morning weather forecast and warmer weather is coming.  Yippee!
 Its only 32 degrees this morning.
 
Today I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. I'll be excited to see the quilting you are doing. It's almost not fair to say that you're working on something but can't share it.

    ReplyDelete