Monday, March 24, 2014

Design Wall Monday

 Its Monday!  Its cold, 28 degrees and the dogs have already settled in for their morning naps.  Above Skye, Rascal and Harry usually follow the sunshine path to sleep in.

Indy prefers to be tucked into a corner of the deck.  The cold doesn't effect him.
 
I am head downstairs to get rid of some of the clutter in the sewing studio.  I am trying to take 15-30 minutes each to clean, organize and label.  Slowly I am making progress on "Spring cleaning".  Who knows, I maybe "Spring cleaning all year!
 
I did take some time this weekend to pick out the fabrics from my stash to make the Country Threads 2014 BOM blocks.  This month's blocks are 9" and 18".
 
Last night I finished the 9" block.
 
Here are my fabric choices for the 18" block.  The pieces are all cut out and ready to sew.
 
I am loading the final memory quilt on the longarm.  Its number #10 and the final one.  Below is #9.
 
This morning two customers brought me their quilts.  One is a "challenge quilt" for our May Guild Challenge Night.  Looking forward to designing the quilting for this quilt. The other is a T-shirt quilt.  We picked out threads and measured for the backing and batting.  The customer needs to go shop for the backing and then will bring the T-shirt quilt back for quilting.
 
I feel like its been a productive day so far!
 
Today I am linking up with Anything Goes Stitch by Stitch and Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. I love the patterns used in your 9" block! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think I am going to stick to burgundy, dark reds and civil war double pinks in many shades. Its all about using up scraps.

    ReplyDelete