Monday, March 17, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I forgot got to post this sunrise picture the other day.  I believe it was taken Friday.  It looks like we are headed towards Spring.  We have "snirt" (dirty snow) and mud left in our back yard.  Looking forward to the ground firming up after the frost gets out.  With four dogs and four humans tracking through the house, it is a constant cleaning problem or piles of shoes by the door.  At least when we go outside its not so cold that it takes your breath away.

We did have snow late Saturday night into Sunday.  I was up in the middle of the night, sleepless and watched it swirl and blow around for a while.  Then I went done to my sewing area and sewed on my tree block for Quilt Doodle Designs.com March block of the month. 
This is what it looked like on Friday.

This is what it looks like today.  I still have the bottom three rows to go but need to start quilting on customer quilts.  So many quilts, so little time.....

I have not been piecing except the above block, for about a week, only quilting for others.  Oh, I did some mending Friday.  I mended a hole in Aaron's sweatpants and a hole in Nora's camisole.  I don't find mending therapeutic like I do piecing.

I had previously been working on cleaning and organizing my sewing studio so that I could take pictures to share.  The cold weather and illness kept me from finishing, so its time to start working at it again.  I washed up storage tubs in several sizes and they are ready to go.  It was nice out Saturday and I layed the wet tubs out on the deck to dry in the sun.
Friday night we had one of our favorite meals, Chicken and Dumplings.  I follow the recipe on the Bisquick box BUT you have to make a double batch.  If I made a single batch, the dumplings are heavy and doughy.  If you make a double batch, the dumplings are light and fluffy.  Just don't over eat or you will be miserable.  They swell in your tummy!  Four of us ate dinner that night and there was no leftovers.

Saturday night we bowled for the last time for the season.  I did better than average with 155, 125 and 155 scores for my games.  Woohoo!  Will miss being with our friends, but I sure we will just change over to grilling out and playing bags when the weather warms up.

Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment