Thursday, December 12, 2013

Vintage Thursday - Buggy Blanket

I apologize for being so late posting today.  I got up to a gift of a dog with intestinal problems in her kennel overnight.  Such an appetizing thing to deal with in the morning.  She seems to be better now and is curled up sleeping.  We had changed food and were trying to do it slowly, but its evident that her tummy doesn't appreciate the change. 

As I was looking for a quilt kit, I found this baby buggy blanket.  There might be another name for this vintage item.

It was hard taking a picture of this.  It is laying on my kitchen table and I am standing on a chair to get the shot.  I believe this is silk with cut work.

This is a view of the top flap that folds and would have been under the baby's chin.

This cut work is in each of the bottom corners.
This is the center embroidery and cut work.  The blanket is double layered.  The thread is a pale blue.  I believe this may have been used for my dad and his two brothers.  If anyone knows about this type of blanket, I'd love to hear from you in the comments section.
 
Have a terrific Thursday.  I have linked up with Colorado Lady's Vintage Thingie Thursday.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment