Monday, December 23, 2013

Design Wall

The WIPs (works in progress)overload that I shared last week here are still hanging on the design wall with no progress.  I can't imagine that I am alone with this issue.  I am sure that many of you are busy with family, friends and work, or all of the above during this holiday season.

I spent yesterday in my sewing studio as church was cancelled because of the ice, sleet and snow storm.  We attend a little country church and the secondary roads were slippery.  My holiday job at the mall didn't need me so that left a whole day open.  Whoop, Whoop, I wrapped all the presents and RAN to the sewing studio.  I hibernated the rest of the day there the rest of the day quilting a wall quilt for a customer. 
Also, got all the laundry done.  Running the dryer helps keep the studio warm.
Here is my supervisor for the day, Rascal.  He is 6.5 lbs of Yorkie.  Notice he is laying on some Shannon fabric.  I made 2 - 5 Minute Scarves for gifts.  Really easy.  It took longer to set up the sewing machine for the walking foot and zig zag stitch than it did to sew the one seam.  You can find them at www.quiltersgardenonline.com.
 
 
Hope you are ready, Christmas is just around the corner.  I would like to find some time to catch up with Celtic Solstice.  I haven't finished any clues totally.  I have quite a bit cut out, just not enough time to just sit 'n sew.
 
Today I have linked up with Judy at Patchwork Times, Sew Can Do and Bonnie at Quiltville.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

3 comments:

  1. What a little cutie and hopefully after the holidays you can catch up on Celtic Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie. My holiday day mall job is winding down today. If we all stay well, should be able to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That storm doesn't sound like fun, but how nice to have an unplanned day to sew!

    ReplyDelete