Monday, December 16, 2013

Design Wall Overloaded with WIPs

How many of you are on overload!!  Nine days till Christmas and my Design Wall is on overload. 
I have five of these memory quilts that need to be quilted, three are a must for Christmas.  One got finished last night and at 10pm I ran it across the street to the quiltmaker for the binding.

Above are my December blocks for the Country Thread BOM.  The finishing directions have been posted but there are a lot of filler blocks.  I had hoped after the December blocks it would go together quickly and be an easy finish.  I have the backing ready and pattern picked out for quilting. It will take sometime to complete the HSTs and add the border.  This will probably have to hibernate awhile on the Design Wall.

I mentioned in an earlier blog, looking for an eleven year old (wedding) project.  Found it.  Got one block done.  Many more to complete and they would like to receive it for Christmas.  (I am not going to make that deadline.)

Smith Mountain Morning is in hibernation already. (Got a sweet deal on the backing for this quilt.)
 
This blue log cabin beauty needs to be finished and quilted with wool batting.
 
Also, have Celtic Solstice as a work-in-progress laying on the cutting board.
 
S.O.S., help......I don't need to start anymore quilts for 2014 (New Year's Resolution).  So my mantra is now going to be "I think I can, I think I can" and keep chugging along until these quilts get completed.
 
I have linked up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Terry, if your Smith Mountain Morning disappears in the dark of night, you should know where to look for it. I'm in love! Taking that class in March and had planned to go with Bonnie's blue/brown scheme -- mainly 'cause DH admired it -- but now I'm having second thoughts. Hmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could show him my pictures and ask which he prefers. OR, you could just surprise him. Your quilt will be beautiful whatever you choose.

      Delete