Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tuesday Tips


Do you have orphan blocks in your stash?  I don't have a lot of them but I found 16 fairly large half-square triangles recently.  Do I throw them in the drawer or do something with them now?  Now won out and I made pinwheel blocks out of the half-square triangles.  Recently, my dog groomer gave me a bag of scraps leftover from cutting bandannas.  So I sorted through the bag and found a cute fall/turkey fabric that blended with the half-square triangles.

I grabbed a 2 1/2" square for the center out of the 2 1/2" jar.  Next for the outer border and binding I found the green border.  This is a small quilt 21 1/2" by 21 1/2".  Now to sandwich and quilt it for our next quilt show.  I will be donating this to our small quilt auction.  I love that I can sort through my stash and find fabric to finish a project.  Its taken about 20 years to get to this point.

Prayers for safety to all who are effected by the storms this week.

Today I am linking with Connie at Freemotion by the River.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little quilt and it is always better to use up the orphan blocks right away. Pillows are a favorite way to use them for me. Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have orphan blocks, but either they are too disparate to go together (in my mind) or I'm not creative enough to come up with a solution. Till now. Small quilts, mug rugs, table runners .... why haven't I thought of that before???

    ReplyDelete