Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday

Last Wednesday, my husband and I took a day trip up to Bolingbrook, IL to IKEA.  Woo Hoo!!
We are finally making plans for some remodeling on our home.  We are hoping to remodel the kitchen and put down new flooring in our home.  There maybe more additions to the home but we will see how the contractor draws up the plans.  Don't you think there should be a bonus room that we can make into my sewing studio?
Here's my husband, Rod, trying out the kitchen island.  I have dreamed of having an island along with chairs so we can eat at the island or when we entertain people can sit and visit.

We loved this pantry cupboard with pull out shelves for perfectly organized shelving.
The pantry cupboards are in the left hand corner.

A view of the kitchen.  This kitchen is too modern for us but we love the layout.
 
We bought this cool light at Ikea.  It is sage green with black stripes.  Its hard to take a picture of it.
 
Here's Rod with our bag of goodies from Ikea and a pan full of their yummy cinnamon rolls.  We ate the rolls in the car as we headed to our next stop.  We had a great day and got a lot of good ideas for our remodeling project.
 
I am blessed to be married to my best friend. 
 
Today I am headed out to a fabric sale.  Some friends are selling their friend's stash as she has cancer and needs additional money to pay for medications.  I am looking for neutrals.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Ikea!!!! Remodeling is so much fun! Looks like you guys are enjoying the process. Married to your best friend...priceless! (MMMM...cinnamon rolls!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I dream of redoing my kitchen one fine day too...so nice to take your time and pick out the stuff that makes it just right for you!

    ReplyDelete