Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Working on Wednesday

It true, I have caught the dreaded cold bug.  So my favorite diet has Green Chai Tea, Advil Cold & Sinus, and now Mucinex.  I had this head cold last week and never felt bad until yesterday.  I started coughing and coughing.....so I went to the doctor.  He said it is probably viral but gave me something for the cough and a prescription for an antibiotic to take in the next couple of days if I don't feel better.

I have tried to do at least a few things around the house and a row or two on the longarm.  Today I just had to sit down for awhile. I had not completed the January large 20" block for the 2014 Country Threads BOM.  Here is the sample picture of what the blocks are suppose to look like.

Here is my 20" block.  I did not have 4 - 8 1/2" large pieces to put in the four corners so I had to make-do.  I cut and pieced to fill in that space.  Here's my block.  Looks a little different than the picture above.
 
Here is the 10" block for January.  More scraps out of my stash!  WooHoo!

While sipping my first cup of tea this morning, I cut out February's blocks.  I will take them to my next retreat this weekend, if I can get to feeling better.

I am headed back to the longarm machine and hope to have a Friday Finish.

Today I have linked up with Freshly Pieced and Sew Much Ado.

Yours in quilting,
Terry



1 comment:

  1. Hope you get well soon. I like your version of the block.
    valspierssews (wip wed 160)

    ReplyDelete