Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Stash Report

Happy news.  I haven't bought any new fabric this week.

New fabric bought this week:  0 yds.
New fabrics bought:  23.5 yds year-to-date
New fabrics used to finish UFO's: 0
Fabrics used out of stash:  4 yds, year-to-date
 
I spent quite a bit of time working on one quilt.  I used navy thread on the swag/piano key border. The rest of the quilt is quilted in old gold or off white to match the blocks.
 
 

The custom quilting, of course, take much longer to complete along with changing thread colors.  I am excited about the way it is all turning out.

Thursday, was our monthly guild meeting and I am so glad the weather was cooperative.  It was cold but the roads were clear.  Carol Betts was our speaker giving her speech on Tips and Tricks to Quilting.  She covered great ideas for the beginner as well as the seasoned quilter. 


Saturday, Carol returned to teach a flip and sew jacket workshop using a sweatshirt as your base.  Most of the students were able to get their strips sewn to the base.

 I will be excited to see show n tell at our next guild meeting to see their finished jackets.

Friday was spent doing book work.  Yuck, its not my idea of fun.  Working on book work for tax season and keeping better track of things is one of my goals for 2014.  We will see how long I can keep up with everything.  My husband gave me five gold stars for what I accomplished Friday.  Yippee!!!  I also had a hot meal ready when he walked in the door tired and cold from a long day.

I am so ready for Spring.  Yet tonight we are still facing -20 below with wind chills and cold weather all of next week.

Today I am linking up with Sew Many Ways and Judy at Patchwork Times for Stash Report.

Yours in quilting, 
Terry





1 comment:

  1. Our weather has been weird for us. Although our county has water, parts of the state are already experience effects of the drought. I just read about a town up north that only has 100 days of water left. Good for you with the book work and the hot meal. I love all the projects in the photos - that is a neat jacket. And your quilting is wonderful. Thanks for sharing, Terry.

    ReplyDelete