Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three Days Until Bonnie!

Do you remember the movie, Rainman, with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise?  Dustin Hoffman's character was always saying, "Ten minutes to Whampner".  Well in my case its "three days until Bonnie".  Bonnie Hunter, www.quiltville.com , will be in Ottawa, IL, to teach My Blue Heaven on Friday and a trunk show at 7pm. 

Several weeks ago when we had bad weather, I spent quite a bit of time cutting up a whole drawer of blue and cream fabrics for My Blue Heaven.  The Illinois Valley Quilt Guild was going to have a cutting day in prep for this class and we were going to be able to swap fabrics.  The flooding that followed the bad weather prevented the cutting day/fabric swap as the church basement was flooded where the event was to be held.  My Accu Cut Go got a work out and then I spent time sub-cutting fabrics for the blocks.  I have a whole pile of fabric strips waiting to be swapped.  I love getting the benefit of swapping to get a wider variety in my scrap quilts.

If the hubby is better, will head to Ottawa early Friday morning.  I am hopeful some of the ladies will still want to exchange fabrics.  Thanks to Shelley Serby and IVQG for all their planning for this event.

Plan to take lots of pictures to post later.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment