Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hand Work In The Hospital

My husband is in the hospital this week with a face infection.  This is a man that is never sick and never misses work.  Apparently, he had about 6 ingrown hairs on his chin from shaving too close.
He pulled the hairs out and infection set in.  Friday night he had a fat lip when he came home from work.  We went out for our usual Friday night pizza date and when leaving the Pizza Cellar, Rod got a bad case of the chills.  We went straight home, took his temp and wrapped him up in a quilt and afghan.  Saturday, we saw the doctor at a prompt care facility and started antibiotics.  Sunday morning, Rod asked me to take him to the emergency room.

Below is a picture of Indy, Rod's Australian Shepherd, trying to comfort him in the lazy boy chair.


So we are in the hospital and I have been working on hand work.  I am working on The Christmas Wish Quilt by Red Brolly (www.redbrolly.com).


This was a free pattern offered last fall and I am finally getting around to tracing a few designs so that I can carry it with me.  I don't have a Christmas quilt to hang on the wall and so this is my motivation to finish it for Christmas 2013.  Mmmm....like I have nothing else to do, right?

Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. Rod isn't looking very "comforted". Poor guy, tell him I'm thinking of him and hope he can come home soon. Hugs and love to you both.

    ReplyDelete