Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year to All!

Each year I get to this day, the last day of the year, and I wonder where did the year go?  I thought as I aged I would have more time each day.  Instead, time just seems to fly by faster each year.  Have you heard people who retired say, "I don't know how I had time to work".  That is now what I am saying.  I have been retired from the State of Illinois for 3.5 years. 
So I looked back through my pictures and here is my year in review, not in chronological order.
 
In March, one of my bucket list wishes came true.  My Easy Street Quilt, pattern by Bonnie Hunter, was juried into the Rosemont Show in Chicago.  I also had the honor of working for Sew Batiks in their vendor booth at the show.  My friends and I took a bus trip up to the show on the last day
Pointing out some of the secret message blocks hidden in the quilt. 
 
After loosing my Yorkie, Rascal in October 2014, I was heartbroken.  My son and I picked out a new Yorkie puppy in May, 2015.  Meet Tucker, who is now 9 months old and weighs only 3 lbs.  Your literally can tuck him under your arm and carry him around. 
 
 In June, my husband and I celebrated 28 years of marriage and spent a week in LasVegas!
We had a blast trying out some of the many restaurants. 
 
Harry Potter, my Australian Shepherd,  were invited to participate in a reading program at the Tiskilwa Library.  
 
My friends and I made a trip to Shipshewana, Indiana for their annual quilt show.  We participated in a shop hop before the show started.  I got buried in fabric at Lollies' in the basement at their "fabric" happy hour! 
A quick pose with the girls after a long day of shopping and the quilt show.
 
My husband and his horse, Hoot.  We placed Hoot with another family this year.  He is so loved by his new family and we follow him on facebook.  I miss having a horse, but I haven't missed the chores this winter. 
 
Now for the best thing I ever made!!!
This is my son, Aaron.  Four years ago he joined in partnership, creating 815 Productions.  They are a DJ and lighting company.  I love this picture of him inside our local Red Covered Bridge during a wedding photo session.
 
This fall my husband left his career with Coca Cola after 24.5 years.  It was a difficult decision but he is very happy with his new career at Marquis Energy.  My retirement has paid off, as I have taken on more at home so Rod can work a swing-shift and get enough sleep.  If I still worked, we would see very little of each other.  My quilting business in our home is the right fit for our schedules.
Below, we were able to attend our friend's son's wedding on October 31st.  I love this picture of us. 
 
From my family to yours, have a happy and safe New Year's Eve!
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Terry! I have fond memories of our time together last summer. I had been wondering about the horse. Missed you in your brief blogging break; hope to hear more from you in 2016. (feels funny typing that ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, I treasure the friendship we have developed thru the blog and then meeting in person. I hope 2016 brings you good health and fun quilting adventures. There certainly have been some challenges in 2015 keeping up with everything: new career for my husband, construction projects on our home, and learning a new quilting program. I am trying to be more regular with the blogging. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete