Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Design Wall with a New Addition

We have a new arrival in our family.  A week ago, my son and I drove to "just look" at some Yorkie puppies.  We looked at three puppies, one 11 weeks old and two nine weeks.  The one really stole our hearts and we brought him home.  Some of you may remember that I  had an almost 4 year old Yorkie, Rascal, that died last October.  I have been heart broken over his lost.  Even though we have three other dogs, its not the same with out a little "tucker" around.  I call little dogs "tuckers" because you can tuck them under your arm and away you go.  So this little boy came home with us.
Welcome Tucker to the Johnson family.  11 weeks old, weighing in at 1lb. 10 ozs.
                                                At the kennel.                                           
 
Tucker and Aaron at home, just relaxing.
 
This was a picture during a little one on one time with me.  I am thankful after the first couple of days he is sleeping through the night.  He is very smart and will potty outside but also uses potty pads in the house.  Potty pads have been a blessing with the rainy weather this weekend and the cold weather we are starting the week out with.

Today I am working on my blue log cabin quilt trying to get the center together.
Above are the first five rows layed out on my couch.
 Above are the final rows layed out on my dining room table.  Now to sew the rows together.  On Friday, I will be a sew day where it will be easy to lay it out on the floor and measure for the borders.

What are you working on? 

Its not too late if you want to join us for Libby Smith's visit.  Here is the information:
 
 I am excited to announce that Libby Smith will becoming to Princeton, IL, to give her trunk show on Stenciled Quilts on Friday, June 5th at 7pm at the Evangelical Covenant Church on South Main St.
On Saturday, she will be teaching the Log Cabin Star Table Topper from Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin book.  Libby is a certified Marci Baker instructor and we are excited to have her share her quilt stories.  If you are interested in joining us the class fee is $25.  You may email me for further information at quiltcrazie@msn.com.  I'm so excited about this class.  I have completed a tumbling blocks quilt in the past and love the quilt on the front of the book.  I am looking forward to learning the technique on the Log Cabin Star Table Runner before attempted a bed-size quilt.
 
Libby will also be teaching at Susan's Calico Creations in Fulton, IL, on Sunday, June 7th.  At Susan's she will be teaching Fireworks, another pattern from Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin book.  You contact Susan to join her class at 815-589- 2221 or email at susancalicocreations@hotmail.com
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

 


No comments:

Post a Comment