Monday, June 15, 2015

Design Wall Monday

 
I spent last week in LasVegas with my wonderful husband.  This weekend we will celebrate 28 years of marriage and 30 years as a couple.  We got away on Rod's week of vacation so that he couldn't work around home and he couldn't be called into work.  I am so proud of myself for downsizing my purse but I was still able to tuck in a small sewing kit of hexies to work on.
I was able to take my glue pen, scissors, fabric scraps, thread, needle threader, needles and paper pieces for 1/2" hexies. 
I worked on the gluing the hexiex above.  I was short fabric for two petals to the flower on the left.  I will dig out the fabric and make two more. 
Here's the side table I was using as a design wall at the hotel for glueing.  The blue flower is sewn together.  I worked on that flower on the plane.
Rod's portable hobby is Facebook.  We had plenty of time waiting at the airport and he kept up with friends and family on FB. 
What a view!  We stayed at Bally's which is in the middle of the strip.  It was easy to walk most places.  It was hot!
The first night we watched the dueling pianos at Paris Hotel.
 
We slepted in the first morning and each morning there after!  Woohoo, that's a big feat for us.  Sleeping until 7:30am is sleeping in.  On vacation we slept in until about 9.  Tuesday we had lunch at Guy Feariri's restaurant.  Yummy!
This was a fish bowl of peach tea with a few extra ingredients. 
We ordered two different sandwiches to share.  My sandwich was a Mac n' Cheese burger and Rod had a Turkey Picnic sandwich both served with a trail of seasoned fries.  We waddled away from the restaurant. 
 
I didn't visit any quilt stores on this trip, just spent quality time with the hubby.  We did see this display of hand crank sewing machines at the All Saints store in Ceasar's Palace Forum .
 
Today I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment: