Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tuesday Tips

Tip 1:  Stay inside and quilt today.  We are having freezing rain here.  Our deck is coated with ice and the dogs just came in wet with misty rain on their coats.  I even notice that one quilter posted on Facebook that she called in sick today because of the icy roads and will be having a quilting day.  I declare today a "Quilty Day"!

Tip 2:  Cook something yummy.  I love my new kitchen and have found an outlet for all my baking.  I have been taking my baked goods to church for the social hour.  Its fun because I get to bake what I want, when I want and they love it all.  My family doesn't eat out much since the new kitchen because I cook more.  My roast recipe is on my recipe page.
I use my grandma's old enamel roaster to cook roasts in the oven.  I also use my crockpot a lot.  I love the crockpot liners so there is no mess to clean up. 
 
This morning I tried this recipe for Texas Sheet Cake Cookies.
Bake for 7 minutes.

Cool....

Frost with warm frosting....
 
Enjoy with a cup of Chai tea or your favorite beverage.
 
I wish the little gremlins would come out and do the clean  up!
 
Tip 3:  I wanted to share two of my favorite tools for quilting.  Famore 738 scissors
These work by pinching them so they are easy on the hands.  The tips are the important part.  I use the tips to pick out stitches as well as clipping threads.  These are my "go-to tool" for quilting and sewing.  They have slightly curved-up blades so they are handy for embroidery also.  The Chicago International Quilt Show is coming up on March 26-28th and these are on my shopping list for a second pair.  Famore guarantees sharpness for life and will sharpen them for free.
The Pin Place & Scissor Spot is a magnetic suction cup.  I keep it on my longarm for easy access of pins and the above scissors.  I took the scissors off for the picture.  This item holds a lot of goodies while you are quilting.
 
Stay safe if you have to go out today.  Today I will be linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River.
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment