Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Finishes

How's your week been?  This has been a rough week with my friend's son passing away Sunday and all the preparations.  Today we lay him to rest.  The family of quilter's rallied around her because she doesn't have family here.  As the family arrived we faded into the background just cooking and cleaning so the family could comfort her.  Please pray for my friend and those of us who will be helping her through this very rough time as everyone goes back home.
This was favorite salad, comfort food.  I delivered another one last night.
 
When I was home this week, I quilted.  Quilting has always been therapy for me.  I really began quilting on a daily basis when I lost my mother in 1998.  When I just couldn't cope, I would go down and sew.  Piecing has been my favorite part of quilting.
 
Here is a beautiful winter quilt with pine boughs and cardinals on the fabrics.
 I used Magnifico thread in off-white.  The pattern is snowflakes E2E by Digitech.
 
 
 
This is a beautiful Spring colored quilt.  I used Lime green Glide Thread and the pattern is Swirling b2b by Anne Bright.
 
 
 
Are you ready for the Super Bowl Weekend?  I have watched the Budweiser commercial with tears in my eyes.  We will be having a few friends over for dinner to watch the Super Bowl.
 
 
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry
 
 

9 comments:

  1. My first "real" sewing experience was when my mother was trying to keep her mind off a son delivering newspapers in a hurricane. I still use sewing to re-center myself.

    I have that dogwood fabric! Now I'm inspired to do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad us quilters are there for each other. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you for being there for your friend Terry. Her pain must be so unbearable.
    your quilts and quilting are lovely - I especially love the Winter quilt with the gorgeous fabrics and the snowflake quilting design.
    Yes, Quilting is very good therapy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara. I really relied on quilting when my mother passed away. It was my grief therapy.

      Delete
  4. THose snowflakes quilted in are so pretty and full of character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sincere sympathy to you and your friends as you cope with such a loss. Your quilting is absolutely lovely. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jean, thanks for stopping by and your kind words of encouragement.

      Delete