Monday, February 2, 2015

Mother Nature's Design Wall

Grab a cup of tea, coffee or your favorite drink.  This will be a long post this morning.
So are you having a snow day and sitting in front of the computer looking at what is going on the internet?  We have 15.3 inches of snow on the ground. 
Here is a view outside my backdoor today.   Everything is coated with ice and snow but beautifully sunny.
 
This was the view yesterday morning out the front door. Dreary, windy, snowing,...
 
So let's back up a little and talk about the weekend.  Saturday, I got to slow down a little bit from the busy week.  My friend's son passed away and we spent the week supporting her and the family in whatever their needs were.  Saturday, my husband took care of me since I was so tired.  We bought groceries.  I prepared food for a Super Bowl party knowing that the weather might prevent people from coming to our house.  My husband and son cleaned.
 
Here's our menu:
Vegetable tray along with Grandma Esther's chip dip and chips
Little Smokies in BBQ Sauce
Overnight Chicken Casserole
Fluffy Jello Salad
Party Corn
Hot Rolls
Coconut Cream Pie
 
Good news, one couple made it to our Super Bowl gathering.  The food was yummy!
 
Saturday night we snuggled in with a batch of Vegetable Soup.
We started to watch a movie but it was ugly, violent and intolerable.  So we shut the TV off and went to bed early knowing that it was going to take a lot of energy to dig ourselves out Sunday morning.
I am thankful for a very strong husband and son who are physically fit and able to dig us out.
 
Sunday morning, my husband and I went to the fairgrounds to feed our horse.  We had to park at the gas station nearby and walk into the fairgrounds.  I did the chores cleaning the stall, feeding and watering the horse while he got out the tractor and plowed.  I was able to go back out and drive into pick him up.  We also could drive in later to do the late afternoon feeding.  This morning was a different story.
The barn door is drifted in.

 
My partner, Indy, walked in with me. 
 
As I walked and took this picture, I realized how quiet it was.  Even though I was in town, it was peaceful, no traffic noise, no wind, a majestic blue sky and sparkling snow. 
 
When I arrived home, my husband called to let me know he arrived safely at work.  Its going to be a great day!  Time to get to work.  I have a roll of batting out and time to cut pieces to fit the quilts awaiting quilting.
 
Today I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times
 
Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment