Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Preparedness Tuesday

Since my family is work such crazy hours, I am cooking ahead so that we have "heat and eat" meals in the refrigerator.  Last night I started with 4.5 lbs of ground chuck and 4 lbs of chicken breasts.
I first made Sweet Chili Lime Chicken with Frank's Sweet Chili Sauce.  I serve this over rice.  I put the cooked chicken in one container and made a big batch of rice in another container.  This is the guys favorite grab-n-eat meal. Then I moved on to making Grandma Pat's Casserole which is like a mock chop suey, with 1.5 lbs of hamburger, also served over rice. I put the casserole in the oven to bake for forty minutes. 

Next I browned about 1 lb. of hamburger and mixed in Hunt's Spagetti Sauce.  The guys cook noodles for themselves and they will have a quick meal.

Today I used the last 2 lbs of hamburger and made Sandy Roseberg's recipe for meatloaf with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.  I also mixed up brownies from www.hersheyskitchens.com and baked those at the end with the meatloaf.  I baked the brownies for 24 minutes instead of 30 and they are fudging, yummy good.

TaDah!!!  We have "heat and eat"  food for the week.  We are like ships passing in the night with all our crazy work schedules.

Time to go to work.  I can post the recipes later if you need some easy ones.

Yours in quilting,
Terry

1 comment: