Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Thank You to My Help and Here Comes the Fabric Sale!

Over the last week, Kathy Olson and I have spent three days sorting, marking, and measuring tubs of  fabric.  We sorted through numerous notions, i.e. machine needles, hand needles, ribbon, pens, pencils, rulers, etc.  So a big shout of THANK YOU, Kathy!!  You are a trooper. :)  I couldn't have made it through without your hands, wisdom and hard work. 

I am happy to say we are ready for a big sale on Thurs., July 25th from 3-6pm and Friday, July 26th from 8am-12 noon. If I have anything left I will be taking it to the August 1st Covered Bridge Quilter's Guild meeting. 

If you ever have a chance to help in a situation like this beware there are a few pit falls.  This sale is due to a member of our guild, Julia Carpenter, who passed away a few years ago.  I offered to help her husband clean out her sewing room when he was ready.   He contacted me the first of May and wanted to know if I was still interested.  What I did not realize was how this would affect me.  After the first load of tubs was delivered and I sat alone sorting through the items, I was overcome with grief and sadness.  I did not realize the emotions that I would feel.  This has not been an easy task and without having Kathy pitch-in to share this emotional load, I am not sure I would be done yet preparing for the sale.



My living room has been crowded since the first of May when the tubs of goodies started to arrive.  So here we are at the end of July and we are ready to roll.  Ads have been placed in the local paper, on two radio stations, an email blast to guild members and my personal email list. Just have to pick up change at the bank and complete the final layout of sale goods Thursday morning.  Wish us luck and come shop!

Yours in quilting,
Terry
 

1 comment:

  1. Your kindness to her husband would make her happy, of that I am sure my sweet, caring friend. Hugs Ter.

    ReplyDelete