Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chuck Roast for Dinner

I am married to a farmer-at-heart.  He likes his meat and potatoes.  This morning Rod called and stated it would be a 12 hour day for him.  My plan for dinner is a chuck roast with carrots and mashed potatoes.  There is a method to my planning.  This meal takes a little prep time and it cooks while I quilt.  When the hubbie gets home, I take the roast out and make the gravy.  I have a hot meal on the table as soon as hubbie is done getting cleaned up. 

My favorite marinade for cooking a roast is as follows:

2 Tbls. Soy Sauce
1 Tbl. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic salt or powder (I use powder as there is enough salt already)
1 tsp. Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups water

I add all the listed ingredients to the water, stir and pour over roast.  I cut up a 2lb bag of carrots and put in with the roast in grandma's granite ware roaster and cook in the oven.  Make sure to check occasionally and not let the roast cook dry.  You may also add potatoes, but my roaster isn't big enough.  When done, remove the roast and let it rest before carving.  I use the roast juice to make wonderful gravy.  If there are leftovers, make beef and noodles or vegetable beef soup.

Bon Appetite!

Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment