Monday, July 22, 2013

Back in the Studio Again

Yes, its been a long time since I posted.  I hope this means that I have my priorities straight. :)
Family and friends come first, then quilting and blogging.

Tomorrow's post will be about the upcoming Fabric Sale.  It is part of what has been keeping me busy.  Getting ready for a sale is WORK.  It reminds me why I usually just donate my used items to Good Will, The Closet or Lily Pads, resale shops in our area.  Its easy to itemize it and haul the boxes to one of the mentioned locations and take a small tax deductions.  I like knowing that these resale shops work with people who need a hand-up in a difficult situations.  Since I worked in vocational rehabilitation for 34 years, I understand the important part these organizations play in our communities. 

My quilting studio is the basement.  So first I started the laundry. Then fired up the computer to get back to blogging. 

Can't show you a picture of my studio as it is a mess.  But I can show you one of my finishes for the month of July.
Here are my two blocks for July, Country Threads Block of the Month. I am mostly using Thimbleberries fabrics for this scrap quilt.  I have a whole draw of these fabrics that need to gone as I am tired of them.  I supplement with other fabrics to finish the blocks.  I have already bought the backing fabric for this quilt at Quilter's Garden. 


Have a great week and stay in touch.  Looking for follower's and comments.  Leave one for me today!
Yours in quilting,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment