Sunday, October 7, 2012

Do You Burgoo!

This view is the downtown view of Utica, IL, today.  The annual Burgoo Festival was held as a fund raiser to support the Historical Society.  Over 100 craft vendors, flea market vendors, and of course food vendors were participating today.   As it shows in my picture, it started out gray and chilly while we shopped the vendors.  We headed back to the house for the people watching, getting warmed up, shrimp cocktails and bloody mary's while waiting for dinner to finish cooking.  

Mmmmm.... the sweet smell of grills. We enjoyed a mouth-watering meal of pulled pork, pasta salad, etc. Our hosts today were Tony and Luci, our new bowling partners.  A great time was had by all!  So proud of myself, I didn't buy a thing.

On the way home, I convinced Rod to drive by Kohl's.  I had some Kohl's cash burning a hole in my pocket and wanted to pick up some new PJs.  I love a bargain and got new PJs for $7.92!

We headed to the horse barn.  Watered and fed the horses, along with giving them some attention.
Cleaned the barn and headed home.  About the time we headed for home we both realized it was now warmer than it had been all day.  Go figure! Arriving at home, I tackled the loads of laundry waiting.  My motivation was the planned sewing day at Mary's tomorrow.  Its Columbus Day and Mary has the day off.  Woo HOO!  I'm ready.  Haven't even unpacked from my Hand Applique by Machine class taught by Beth Ferrier on Saturday.  Sleep tight.......Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment